Friday, October 19, 2012

Long Time Coming

Seems the blog has been idle for the last year... That may have something to do with the fact that I... GRADUATED COLLEGE!! That's right kids, I put my big girl pants on and moved out of the classrooms and into the world. And boy is it... the same. I have been fortunate enough to have gotten a job right after graduation with a non-profit group that runs out of Akron. The Akron Digital Media Center is a non-profit that teaches Citizen Journalism to the public at no cost to them. We offer classes that teach the basics of journalism and media as well as storytelling with video and photos, editing and basic computer skills. Our publication, The Akronist is online and features several community-based feature stories, written and video, as well as photos shared by people in the community. It's a wonderful job that has given me a lot of the experience that I needed after school.

Do not fret, though. I am still bartending part-time, so I still have plenty of stories for you... and hopefully I can jump back in to sharing them!

Missed you!

No comments:

Post a Comment